For people who have been overindulging in alcohol, there are a number of alternatives to getting behind the wheel. With lowered inhibitions, operating a motor vehicle is not only dangerous, but also illegal. If you have been charged with a DUI, the last thing you want to happen is to obtain a second or third offense. Choose another way of getting home other than driving. You put both yourself and others at an unnecessary risk. In the event that you have been charged with a DUI, we can help you in managing your case.
If You Have Been Drinking
The best way to protect yourself from obtaining a DUI is to avoid driving while intoxicated all together. Although it can seem like an added step to find alternative transportation, the benefits far outweigh the risk. In the long run, committing to never getting behind the wheel intoxicated can be easy with the number of alternatives available:
- Dedicate someone in your party to take on the role of designated driver. This person should be committed to maintaining sobriety while out so that they can get everyone home safely.
- Pay a service such as a taxi, Uber or Lyft to give you a ride home. Although depending on the time of day or night the fare can be costly, it is drastically less expensive than the repercussions of a DUI.
- Public transportation
- If you are in a city, staying in a hotel is a less expensive option than a DUI charge.
- Call a friend or family member to come pick you up. This may seem like an unattractive option because you may not want to disturb sleeping loved ones late at night. Despite this, you may find that they may be more willing to assist than you think.
Finding an alternative means to getting where you need to go can come with a price. In a number of situations, you will have to pay for a ride. However, the cost of a ride home is far less expensive than the fines and legal expenses of a DUI. Luckily, if you had a recent lapse in judgment and as a result was charged with a DUI, we are able to help you. The consequences of a DUI can be significant, especially if you have been convicted of a DUI in the past:
- Costly expense of court fees, attorney fees and fines
- Your employment could be impacted
- Higher insurance premiums
- Loss of your license
A DUI charge can come with very serious consequences, although there are a number of ways to prevent a DUI, mistakes still can occur. We can help you recover from the hangover that doesn’t seem to want to go away. We can challenge the courts around various aspects of your case to work towards the best possible outcome based on your particular situation. In the event you or a loved one needs legal assistance, do not hesitate to contact a DUI attorney MD trusts to assist.
Thank you to the The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C for providing their insight on DUI charges.